Exchange opportunities at HdM
Information for Incoming Students and Lecturers
International students and lecturers are welcome
For us, being international doesn ́t only mean that our students are studying or working abroad. We are also interested in hosting students and lecturers from other countries. They give us new inputs and impulses. Our students come into contact with other cultures, and as hosts, can present their home region and offer an entry into German culture.
Studying at HdM: Minor "Business Analytics"
Our study program offers a Minor Program (30 ECTS) which focuses on the central subject of Information Systems:
Business information is distributed all over a company’s ecosystem. The Minor Business Analytics concentrates on the management and integration of business information which is stored in large heterogeneous and distributed information systems. It is offered twice a year in spring and autumn.
The complete Minor range at HdM you will find here:
Additional lectures in English
Every semester we are offering the courses within the Minor in English language. (e. g. Business Intelligence, Big Data Scenarios, Building a Data Warehouse ...). And often we also have some additional courses in English taught by guest lecturers, visiting the HdM. Please contact the minor coordinator, Elisabeth Messerschmidt, for further details.
Teaching at HdM: Interested in lecturers exchange?
We invite lecturers from our partner universities abroad to participate in an exchange with us.
We would like to welcome lecturers at our university for different types of stay:
- Short term stay with guest speeches
- One week stay with a compact course (beginning of Oct. or mid of March)
- Longer stay (e.g. 2 months) for regularly weekly courses (accomodation can be provided)
If this visit can be arranged within the ERASMUS mobility program it would be fine, otherwise we are prepared to look for some funding.
The following list will give you some ideas which subjects fit to our curriculum (but are not limited to):
- International Business Strategies / Media Economics
- Business Process Management & Applications
- Human Computer Interaction / Service Design / Customer Experience Design
- IT Management / IT Security
- Business Intelligence
- Content & Knowledge Management
- Web Applications / E-Business Scenarios
The exchange visits can take place within following periods:
- winter term (October to January)
- summer term (mid of March to June).
If you are interested in a lecturers exchange with us please contact Elisabeth Messerschmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.